Sign in

Compiling for Linux Debian

• A3 16 0
    Message from Audio2000 3536 on
    Linux / Debian 12 Based

I had originally put in a request to possibly offer Polyphone in a automatically generated continuous release AppImage as some Linux programs offer, but there are no plans currently to provide this.
    Therefore, I have been trying to figure how to compile a new version of Polyphone because my repo only offers version 2.2.0
    I am not experienced with compiling, I have made some progress but still cannot seem to generate a working version of Polyphone and I was wonsering if anyone would be able to help?

To start, I used the Ubuntu based instructions provided on this website because it is the closest to Debian.
    DEPENDENCIES
    A possible issue is the following dependencies required are either slightly different or not available.
    qt5-default (not available in my repo, have read that this is not used any longer? I downloaded the other qt dependencies that people mentioned in place of what this provides)
    libstk0-dev (did not have this specific version in my repo)
    libstk-dev (only this version which says 4.6.2)

COMPILING
    When trying to compile 
    I used the default settings in the "polyphone.pro" fileDEFINES += USE_LOCAL_RTAUDIO #DEFINES += USE_LOCAL_RTMIDI #DEFINES += USE_LOCAL_STKit takes a while so it is compiling but eventually it shows the following error.
    make: /usr/lib/qt5/bin/lrelease: No such file or directory make: *** [Makefile:2363: .qm/polyphone_ca.qm] Error 127Figured because my libstk file might not be the same as needed, I also tried compiling again with what I read in instructions about uncommenting the STK option in the "polyphone.pro" file
    DEFINES += USE_LOCAL_RTAUDIO #DEFINES += USE_LOCAL_RTMIDI DEFINES += USE_LOCAL_STKdoes same thing but show a different "Makefile:" number
    make: /usr/lib/qt5/bin/lrelease: No such file or directory make: *** [Makefile:2398: .qm/polyphone_ca.qm] Error 127If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
    Thank You

P.S.
    Does compiling with the instructions from the manual create a "standalone" kind of version?
    Is it possible to generate a ".deb" file when compling, so can install like a .deb based program?
  • Message from Audio2000 3536 on
    By any chance does anyone know what these different "Makefile:" numbers & Error 127 could mean?
    Has anyone ever compiled for Debian based systems, could any of the dependencies I mentioned cause this error?

Thank You

Sign in or register to take part in discussions.

Polyphone needs you!

Polyphone is free but there are costs associated with its website and development. A small donation will help a lot.

Donate
Learn the basics Try a tutorial
Scroll to