Sign in

Help with "Velocity" Changes

Category: Help
  • JG 2 0
    Message from Joel Garcia on
    Hey all!
    im right now crafting a banger of a soundfont but... theres one issue because Im assuming because this is primarily a DAW dedicated program I still want to ask because it suppourts .sf3 which is a musescore thing.
    I've finished a part of a soundfont and started testing it on musescore but Im afraid that when ever I add crescendo markings or decrescendos it doesnt change the volume or "velocity" of the soundfont so it just doesnt lower in volume.
    I have used many soundfonts with capabilitys to do this. How can I? Is there a way to do that? Ive tried turning off and on the velocity range in the instrument and presets global setting but nothing works

Thanks!
  • BO 273 13
    Message from bottrop on
    Musescore is notation software in the first place. the sound there is just to give you an impression what you are doing. no use to try to make a nice performance using soundfonts. version 4 uses the worst synthesizer in the world, the application doesnot follow the midi protocol. find yourself a nice DAW.
    regards bottrop
  • JG 2 0
    Message from Joel Garcia on
    I don't like musescore 4 which is why I'm importing all the sounds to musescore 3 since the midi acts like midi there. Hopefully that helps with what I need help with haha!
    If it's still a lost cause no worries... I'm still going to find a way somehow since I personally like notation with a hint of DAW capacity.

I ask this still because Muse 3 uses velocity values like ones seen in polyphone from 0-127. The muse 3 midi allows sf2 to act upon the velocity for a volume output and when describing the curscendo and decruscendo I mean more that the midi knows it's supposed to change velocity but the soundfont isn't doing the same in response

Sign in or register to take part in discussions.

Polyphone needs you!

Polyphone is free but there are costs associated with its website and development. A small donation will help a lot.

Donate
Learn the basics Try a tutorial
Scroll to