Sign in

experiences with modulators

Category: Help
  • 7 1
    Message from Jörrich on
    Hello everbody,

I have problems with working with the modulators in a preset.
    I tried several actions to find out how the modulators work, but whatever I did, it had no effect on the sound.
    For example: I tried to modulate the "MOD LFO to pitch" with the CC8. It had no effect. Giving it a fix value ( 20 for example) it does work.
    But not with the modulator. I played a bit with the amount but there was no result. Then I saved my work and tried out the soundfont in my DAW Software by sending the cc8 MIDI message. I tried several sf2-Vsts: no effect!
    Then I tried the same with modulating the ATTACK or RELEASE. No way.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Can anybody share a small example-soundfont with working modulator. I think that would help me a lot for understanding.
    Many thanks and kind regards.
  • 409 0
    Message from Davy on
    Hello,
    Unfortunately listening to the effect of modulators is not possible yet in Polyphone, this is a limitation. It's planned to be done - it just requires a bit of time
    For now Polyphone enables you to edit conveniently soundfonts and then you can use Fluidsynth for listening the modulator effects.

Regards,
    Davy
  • A3 8 0
    Message from Audio2000 3536 on
    Linux
    Sorry to revive this post, I made a similar post regarding asking if anyone knew of any examples of soundfonts that contain modulators linked to volume envelope parameters ADSR.
    I have been trying to get this to work as well, and the person who made this post seems to be describing the same issue.
    The user could not get this to work in Polyphone because the feature was not available so could not hear the differences, but the user also mentions they saved the soundfont and loaded it in DAW and tried a couple of different sf2 plugins and did not hear any changes either when trying the MIDI CC they assigned.
    I am experiencing similar issue as well.
    I might not be doing something right so could be different but I tried linking volume envelope release in the modulator section at the bottom to a MIDI CC and nothing occurs?
    Does anyone know of any detailed tutorials / instructions to achieve this?
    Or can provide any links to example soundfonts in my other post found here (I am new so do not think my link will work but it is issue 880 if this helps
    https://www.polyphone.io/en/forum/help/8…-envelope-modulators
    I only used one MIDI CC link, there are two slots, are two MIDI CC links needed?

Also if using an application that uses the Fluidsynth API mentioned above, does this MIDI CC labeling/parameters show up anywhere or is it just a link to the MIDI CC number and nothing else?  I thought it would become visible to a DAW if MIDI CC numbered modulators were detected in the loaded soundfont, thought it would end up in with the other MIDI CCs that Fluidsynth makes available such as CC7 Volume, CC68 Legato, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You

EDIT:
    See that there are actually a few modulator posts, the other day my searches were not working well for some reason.
    Just to clarify am not testing the results in Polyphone (not sure if this feature has since been added), I am saying my saved soundfont with modulators is not working in Fluidsynth in other application.

Sign in or register to take part in discussions.

Polyphone needs you!

Polyphone is free but there are costs associated with its website and development. A small donation will help a lot.

Donate
Learn the basics Try a tutorial
Scroll to