Connexion
Ce forum permet à des personnes du monde entier de communiquer, c′est pourquoi les messages échangés sont en anglais.

sample start: how to set it in a graphical way?

Catégorie : Aide
  • NA 1 0
    I would like to change the sample start for my instrument samples.
    The audio files contain a bit of room-tone before the actual attack of the musical instrument.

I know you could use the ‘remove blank at start’ functionality at the level of the ‘Samples’ section but in my case the portion of the audio files removed is really small and there is still a silence between the start of the audio files and the actual sound attack.

I also know that it is possible, at the level of the ‘Instruments’ section, to enter the appropriate value in the ‘Sample start offset’ fields. Is this the only possible way to do this?

The thing that make me feel strange about this is that it is not possible to set this value graphically, by, for example, dragging a graphic vertical element as one can do for loop start offset or loop end offset.

Entering a numerical value in the box without being able to see what it corresponds to graphically, while also displaying the waveform, seems a little difficult to me.

Would anyone be able to tell me if I am missing something? Maybe there is a feature in Polyphone that I don't know about?
    Thanks for your support
    n
  • ZI 182 0
    In the Sample section, you can perform a kind of horizontal zoom-in and zoom-out on the sample graphic by holding down the right mouse button on the graphic and dragging the mouse left/right. (Also vertically by dragging up and down).
    Also, Don't forget to drag the scroll bar at the bottom to the left to see the beginning of the sample.

After you have adjusted this part in the window, you should now see the silent part and the beginning of the sample clearly.

Alternative 1:
    Now, if you click on the place where the waveform of the sample starts with the right mouse button, you can read the value you want to know by looking at the loop-end box. You can enter this value in the required part in the instrument section by taking a note of it. (Don't forget to delete the loop-end value with the Undo command).

Alternative 2:
    If you are good at using a mouse:
    While in this window, you can hold down the "Alt" key on your keyboard and drag the area you want to delete while holding down the left mouse button (it is easier from the end to the beginning).
    When you release the left mouse button, a menu will appear asking what you want to do.

Connectez-vous ou inscrivez-vous pour participer à la discussion.

Polyphone a besoin de vous !

Polyphone est gratuit mais il y a des coûts associés à son site web et à son développement. Un petit coup de pouce aidera beaucoup.

Faire un don
Apprenez les bases Voir le tutoriel
Haut de
page